Roadways

10:22 PM Edit This 0 Comments »















Being that I am from a small island, the words ‘interstate’ and ‘highway’ meant nothing to me before this class, in fact I wasn’t quite sure exactly what they were but now I am clear and understand how they play a big role in the running of a town and how everything connects together. Along the edges of the highways are trees, this makes the area look more attractive and neat. There are also signs telling drivers what highways there are, when stop lights are coming up as well as exits. This assists people in their journeys and helps them to know where they are going. I also noticed different billboards and advertisements along the sides. This also adds a retail aspect to the highway and shows where a lot of the city values lie. Summit Avenue and wendover have a lot of similarities; there are strips of stores, such as Wal-Mart and target as well as restaurants such as McDonalds. They seem to be two very busy areas.

0 comments: