Coming full circle

10:26 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
This semester has been interesting, I’ve learned a lot about the Greensboro area that I didn’t previously know before and I have been exposed to the area and all its history and meaning. By observing places as well as comparing them with each other and assessing the different values, I was able to understand the city as a whole. This class was also effective because we started off on a small scale and worked our way to a bigger scale. I could also apply the techniques used to all places that we visited. Reading clays book also helped me to understand the city a little more because it enabled me to understand things a little more. This class has also enabled me to look at things in more detail; I consider the architectural details which helps me to think about the values that may lie within that building or space.

For my final project, I would like to discuss boundaries within Greensboro. Clay refers to these as turfs. I think that these boundaries are important in a city because they tell people what they can and cannot do. I will look at the advantages of turfs as well as the implications.

0 comments: